Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Real friends are forever

Honesty, for me, is the most important ingredient in friendship. If someone is a real friend, then he or she will want me to be completely truthful with him or her about all of my thoughts and feelings. Even if my thoughts and feelings disagree with theirs, when a friend loves me, he or she will embrace me in my entirety. Because when there is a friendship, many abstractions between the heart and mind are understood among people that fall short of definition. Friends do not hold one another to specifics of the words spoken, nor to dress sizes, or even skin color.

Talkin bout unconditional love here, where we don't say "if this" or "when that", because unconditional love is limitless. I imagine there was much of it when the first settlers came over here on the Mayflower. Because they were all in one accord. And even if we read in the book of Acts in the Bible, which is an account of what the Jesus' disciples did after He ascended. They spread the good news which he gave "and many were added to their number daily; those that were being saved".*

*Acts chapter 2, verse 47


No comments:

Post a Comment