Friday, May 3, 2013

If you made it here, you are already a friend

If I were going to admire and respect someone to the point where I would desire to draw them in to be my friend, one quality comes to mind right away that would make him or her attractive to me. He or she would have to have a mind of their own-- free from and unaffected by popular opinion, or anyone's opinion outside of their own. To be friends with me, being that I am a highly unusual person, one with a relatively severe physical disability, and on top of this, a lifestyle that people can only cringe when they even think of it... living in a nursing home, if you are not an independent thinker, you will already have left this URL and moved onto another.
And so, let me tell you, if you are still with me, I appreciate very much that you made it this far! Very very much. Some of you may have been In the Position of Friend with me for a long time,  perhaps even dating back to My Sad Situation. If you have, then you are a person who doesn't want to be lied to. You are a person who wants more than another sales pitch. You want more than yet another person who is looking for an email address from you or any other information.
Sincere friendship has no price, because it's priceless. And I am blessed that my mother told me all my life that she wanted a daughter who would be her friend. She raised me to be brutally honest. Too much. But it is a privilege to have been strengthened by her in the importance of friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment