Friday, June 7, 2013

If I make it in life, it will mean that I have been a true friend

It's a mad rush out there today to succeed. But is anyone really evaluating what success really means for them personally? It is fed to us every day; these mind over matter theories.
True there have been discoveries made about state of mind and how it affects our motivation and energy levels. But now, as a result of these discoveries, It may be that many people fear the future more than ever. I'll tell u how it makes me feel. It makes me feel like, now that I've been inundated with all this encouragement, I have no excuse if I don't end up making it big!

So let me tell you what I have decided to do with my life: I have decided to be a FRIEND. I'm taking the shortcut. Instead of staking my sites on being the owner of a billion dollar company, and by so-doing impress enough people to where my spouse would love me and appreciate me, I am learning to just put down my device altogether when he comes to see me, and talking to him. I'm getting to understand him better and letting him understand me.

The story of David and Goliath in the Bible is one that is known to almost everyone. But there's an ironic little part to it that may not be the first thing we remember about it. When David set forth to the place where Goliath was, there were many who wanted to put a lot of big fancy armour on him (that of a knight I imagine). But David refused all of the fancy expensive armour. He said would be too cumbersome and would slow him down. So he chose to use a little slingshot, "five smooth stones". And with one of them, David killed giant Goliath.

These days, life itself is a giant. just getting through a day is a giant. Let me encourage you to live simply. Spend time with your friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment