Sunday, January 31, 2016

Someone sees, revisited

Well, I learned something today. God gets all the glory. I should never make the assumption that my own hands, in some clever way, have wrought me the victory. You see, earlier today, i read, for no good reason, and in disobedience to Jesus' teaching about praying in secret, I shared with my respiratory therapist, some of what I was sharing with you all about asking for prayer. And therefore, it appears that when I fell asleep for an hour or so, the respiratory therapist snuck, and messed up my ventilator settings in an attempt to make it appear as if God had not really answered our prayers, and as if God was displeased with me. But because I do not give up too easily, I figured out that something was wrong with the settings. I inhaled, and as I inhaled, I evaluated the details of when and how the vent was failing to allow me to breathe properly. Well, to make a long story short, I insisted on getting a different therapist to take a look, and she made numerous adjustments, and now, once again, I am breathing comfortably.

I can only say that the interaction between prayer and my ability to care for myself reminds me of the verse "Therefore work out your salvation in fear and trembling, for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure". So, God does not give up very easily, does He? And when we see what a great God we have caring for us, it encourages us to believe: "Yes! God has something for my life!"





No comments:

Post a Comment