Monday, January 18, 2016

In the Position of Friend... with no friends

So sad. My stats are not high on any of my internet work. And now, 2 friends who I thought would be sticking around for a while, I have gotten very offended with, and decided that if they have that kind of attitude towards me, "bye".

And so I'm left here, with this position of friend, which basically means, I do not have any type of important position. I do not have a paying job, and I've broken all the rules of how to chase after The American Dream. Pretty depressing huh?

But let me tell you, someone here where I live told me I'm good at being a friend. Why? Because I'm always willing to help anyone who is hurting with any type of a problem. I am basically quoting what a worker here said to me.

I'm not like others. I don't play games with people and I don't play games with God. As much as I am able, I carry out what is expected of me. So I have the courage to let go of friendships that were going nowhere. Friendship is a treat, not an obligation. When people know that we are only their friends because we feel obligated, they really have no respect for the friendship, us, or themselves.

♬    Twila Paris: True North

No comments:

Post a Comment