Monday, July 6, 2015

Humility - the KEY to every door

I've been talking now for a couple blogs about an event here (where I live) that has come to make quite an impact on my life. I began by talking about a supervisor who had let me down, and how I realized that I had entertained exorbitant expectations of him, and  I was taking it for granted that if I barked loud enough, and aggressively enough, I would get my way. And what happened was that on the evening I described in a previous blog, he decided he had had enough, the heck with it, he could not arrange for anyone to do my nursing care, and that was the end of it.

And so, the Bible says "a rebuke goes 10 times more into a wise man than a hundred blows into a fool", and I must be a little on the wise side, because I became aware of how fussy I was. I became aware of how easily I became enraged with people when things did not go my way. And what has now happened is that I am approaching everyone with more gentleness. Lovingkindness is the word in Hebrew. When I see myself about to say something that is not gracious, I stop and realize, if I say this thing, it is not going to be helpful, and it is not going to have the desired effect. For me, knowing this is a gift from God. PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment