Monday, December 22, 2014

Happy Holidays from A True Friend

Merry Christmas everybody! This year once again, I have a Christmas playlist for you. It's a slightly different collection from last year, but I think I have pulled together songs that express the basics of the Christmas season.

Here is Chris Brown's "This Christmas"




Here is Amy Grant's "Breath of Heaven"




Amy Grant again with "Tennessee Christmas"




Here's Gene Autry singing "Here Comes Santa Claus





Here's Jim Brickman and Susan Ashton doing a very special one, "The Gift"




Here's Julie Andrews singing "Joy to the World"




With the same type of loving spirit, here's Carly Simon doing "The Night Before Christmas"




Sung very tenderly, here's Kari Jobe with "O Little Town of Bethlehem/Away in a Manger"




A different angle on Christmas, but still an integral part of it for most people, Joni Mitchell singing "River"




This is the song I used for the Christmas video I shared in the blog immediately prior to this, Josh Groban with "What Child is This"




And, no Christmas goes by without hearing this one, Bing Crosby with "White Christmas"




Hope this blog is going to be functional. I am unable to check it because I am creating it in a humble little cellular. So what I think I'm going to do is, in addition to this, make a separate blog with the URLs for the song downloads. Anyways I wish everybody a nice Christmas for those who celebrate it. For those who don't, take heart in the fact that I have no incredible plans for how I'm going to spend Christmas either. I know my Dad might stop by. But I think my boyfriend is probably going out to spend Christmas with his mom and his brothers. And as far as food, on Thanksgiving they gave us nothing even remotely related to turkey, so it's anybody's guess whether they'll have a dinner for us or not.

Then, January is a bit of a difficult month for many people. Not sure exactly why. But I have read that January has the highest percentage of suicide attempts and suicides. And my suicide attempt from which I became disabled happened on January 7, 1985. Yeah. I'm old. So being aware of this I have to strongly recommend that if you have been feeling sad, and if you have been having a hard time shaking off the feeling of sadness, please try and... I don't know what to say... get help? Sometimes trying to get help, and the rotten people that are in the helping profession can push you into an even more intense state of despair. I will say then, write down your feelings. Get yourself a diary, or just a simple notebook, and write down everything are feeling. That's what I did when a boyfriend broke up with me many many years ago. I took my class notebook that I did my homework in, and I continued to do my homework, but I also wrote about what I was going through, because I felt that it was a part if me just like my homework and my assignment list and everything else I needed to write down. And it worked for me. I was able to get through a very difficult time. Later on in my life I started abusing marijuana, and the drugs were the catalyst why I had a nervous breakdown and went nuts. And that was something where my brain, sadly, will never be the same.

Anyways you have A True Friend here. And I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment