Sunday, August 17, 2014

As time goes by

It's a cold, cold world we live in. Everybody's so afraid to take risks. We are so afraid of being hurt. We don't ask for what we want because we are too afraid of being turned down. Our world has turned us down so many times. I'm speaking about my own personal experience. Me and myself, I am glad if I can help someone. And that's as close as I allow myself to get to love. And as close as I allow another to get to loving me. Because I have been hurt by love. I have been hurt by friends. I have seen friendships where I really believed in someone, and I was disappointed.

Colour My World

As time goes on
I realize
Just what you mean
To me
And now
Now that you're near
Promise your love
That I've waited to share
And dreams
Of our moments together
Colour my world.
With hope
Of loving you.

Written by:
James Pankow

♬  Chicago: Color My World


No comments:

Post a Comment