Monday, February 3, 2014

When u have failed at friendship

Today my friends, I let a number of people down. You could say it was no big deal, but when you look at the fact that each of us is desperately trying to make our way through this life, every little altercation and upset is an emotional blow for those who we affect.

And so, I don't want to go into too many of the details, but I didn't get enough sleep last night, didn't have much for breakfast, and had a real problem getting any ice water to drink. So I was grouchy! Real grouchy!!! And I misinterpreted a lot of people's intentions and I made crazy accusations and was just very unpleasant. Even if some of my perceptions were correct, to blast people is an unwise way to handle it.

So what do I do? I failed at being the Friend people were looking for me to be. Still, one thing I will not do is label myself a failure. I have lived many days now, and I know that the sun will come up tomorrow. I will see these people who were hurt by me again, and hopefully when I see them, I can share with them how badly I feel about letting them down. Maybe I will even be blessed with an opportunity to make it up to them. Rather than dwelling on the failures of today, I focus on the opportunity of tomorrow.

The Who: Behind Blue Eyes


No comments:

Post a Comment