Saturday, February 15, 2014

Crystal Lewis Tomorrow




In past blogs, I have shared a number of different videos because I thought they were inspiring, beautiful, etc. Rarely have I related videos I've shared to a previous blog or a previous subject I shared about. This video is different. This video I want to relate directly to the blog immediately prior to it. If you were moved by the song "As Yet Untitled" by Terence Trent D'Arby, please don't just dismiss it as a piece of writing that made you "feel something". I'm saying this because I've seen thousands of phonies. I went to church for many years. And when it came a time that I needed a place to stay, nobody made me welcome at all! I remember waking up the morning they told me to go, and reading out loud to them a passage from Isaiah chapter 58. The passage makes it crystal clear that in order to be right with God, our actions need to be ones of sincere caring. Do you know the response I got? I will never forget it in my life: even before I was finished, one of my friends asked "Where do you want us to take you?"

Please do not respond insultingly to my urge to show compassion to people of color. I would not be personally insulted because I wouldn't know about it. But to know the truth and continue to live as if you did not know it would be an insult to your own soul. And I am confident, if you are reading my blog, that you want something better for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment