Thursday, August 8, 2013

Who will decide who your friends will be? You fully control this

Every day when we meet someone, or even when we meet someone for the 365th day, we have a choice to make: How do I want my relationship with this individual to go today? Where will I take us today? Through my words and actions, will I be deepening a feeling of trust and respect? Or will I interpret this person's behavior toward me as antagonistic, and further alienate him or her by raising my voice and making critical remarks?
We are at the helm of this ship of Friendship. We steer every relationship through our words and actions. So a good question to ask is: Is Friendship increasing or being minimized as a result of my thoughts toward the people in my life?

Patti LaBelle: New Attitude


No comments:

Post a Comment