Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Staying connected: The testimony unfolds

I have been in church circles before. I've been a part of various prison ministries, street evangelism, and basically what I'm referring to is groups that go out and share about the offer of Salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. And going out to talk to different kinds of people about Christ, there was always a strategy we prepared: what verses in the Bible to talk about, what to tell people about ourselves and how we had changed after believing... stuff like that.

But what I notice happening over a span of time is something very much more powerful. As I live my life before my friends and people who have known me over time, they have seen me repeatedly die, and then come to Life. And those who have observed me die, and resurrect, have learned what is really important to me, and what God has validated. As those of you who have been reading my blog over a course of time have seen me make my mistakes, you have also seen when, how and why Jesus Christ has sustained me.

We have stayed connected. Recently, I even got a phone call from my boyfriend of 14 years, Andre. It was not the best choice he could have made, but he had to move from the facility we lived in together. And it seemed that for a while he and I were thinking "good riddance". But as we spent time away from each other, we realized how necessary we had become to one another. It was the span of time that we had become familiar with one another that became important. The comfort level we had achieved together. And we saw that Christ's life within our relationship was refusing to die.

So we watch one another live, die, and live again. We see each other mess up, and we see what the Lord resurrects, and what He allows to get left behind. As we stay connected, we see how very important love is. We recognize the caring which is the balm that fits each one of us for the Resurrection.

♬      Dallas Holm: Rise Again

No comments:

Post a Comment