Friday, October 23, 2015

Patience - not everything is for everybody

How was your day today? Did you feel blessed, or did you feel that you have been dealt a raw deal? I know for myself, some days I'm very happy in my life, and other days I already start the morning with tears in my eyes.

Let me talk a little about my day. Everything seemed to go okay. But one thing I became aware of was that there are all kinds of people in the world. Well, when people don't think as we do, sometimes it is disappointing. Other times, when something we want or need is in the balance, and being able to get what we need is at stake, an argument, or even a fight can ensue.

What we need to understand is that each and every one of us is made differently, and on top of that, our life experiences have caused us to understand life differently. For this reason, when people let us down, we just need to see that in a way, we are more fortunate then they. We have been given greater understanding, for instance, than a person who just, for no reason, flies off the handle. So that we should never judge someone who has a bad temper. We should realize that someone with a bad temper is miserably locked into a behavior pattern that pushes people away. I am just using a bad temper as an example here. The principle applies to a person who is lazy, or else conceited, or greedy, or idolatrous, and yes, even adulterous. It is a person who, undeniably, lacks understanding.

And so, what we need to do is be very quiet and patient with such people. A good way to look at it is something my boyfriend used to say sometimes: "what you eat doesn't make me shit". We don't have to be at all affected by somebody else's ignorance. And the more they see that we're able to stay relaxed around them, the sooner they are likely change.


No comments:

Post a Comment