Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What Matters Most


What Matters Most from Just A Friend on Vimeo.

Well, today happens to be my birthday. Kind of exciting. And as you all know, I'm a very well meaning person, and anytime I hear about anyone having a birthday, I do my best to enrich the experience for them. However, living in a nursing home, and being a worshipper of the living God: Jesus Christ, the righteous, I encounter all kinds of people every day who are unable to make a statement like that. They are unable to truthfully say, "I'm a well meaning person, and do my best to make people's birthdays happy". I meet people who have a great deal of debt as far as their conduct and their attitudes are concerned, and I meet people who would love very much to rob me of my destiny; the destiny of someone who has believed in the unconditional love and unending forgiveness of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is eternal life. And so, on a day like today, kind of a special day, (my birthday), some of the people would want my faith in God to fain. In a nursing home, you see and experience an unusual degree of depravity. But when I first became a believer, I was so excited about Jesus Christ that I asked him (more that once) to bring me to the most hardened of hearts and may I be able to soften them. And this is what I need to keep in mind. That it is not for me to argue back or fight back when I have been wronged, but to consider the condition of someone's heart: to realize that I am dealing with a broken person, and to be patient and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment