Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Closeness

Hi. Things have been changing for me, and the nature of what I see as friendship, has changed. I will say, friendship needs to be close. When I say close, I mean that those people engaging in the friendship need to be able to see each other. Observe each other. Want a close relationship.

Much of the time I spend on my technological device, I spend creating things. As you've hopefully noticed, I make videos. I also create images, lately I've attempted to sing. And when I'm very concentrated on something that I'm creating, I've noticed lately how many people come into my room to see if I need anything. To ask if there is anything they might be able to do to make me more comfortable. And I've been touched. Clearly these are people who like to be around me. Who care for me.

And my Dad also, has recently moved to a place much closer in proximity to where I stay than where he lived for many years. Today, he called, and he actually wanted to attempt to walk here. He realized that wasn't realistic, but it really touched my heart.

Do you need love in your life? In all due respect, I prefer not to hurt anybody's feelings, but don't kid yourself into thinking you've got a friendship because of some casual, superficial exchanges with people online. Call a neighbor on the phone. Ask someone to come over after school or after work. Take a class in a subject that interests you, and get to know people in your class. There are ways to get to know people. I even sat regularly one day a week at the same table in a restaurant where a waitress worked who I'd become friendly with.

What I'm saying is, reach out to people. Real people. Don't depend completely on online friends, about whom you know nothing for sure.

♬   Foreigner: I Wanna Know What Love Is

No comments:

Post a Comment