Thursday, May 22, 2014

Where on earth did my heart go?

What do you do, when you have someone in your life who is so unpleasant to you, that it feels difficult to even find within you a lean, towards getting along? Children often feel this way. Mother is unhappy with something they've done. She expresses it, and perhaps she administers a discipline. She says "Go to your room and do your homework. No TV today". Then, dinnertime, and mother invites the child back downstairs to join the rest of the family. How will most children feel? I guess it all depends on the disposition of the child. Me? I would have sulked and said "I don't want any dinner!"

Yep. Shit happens. Recently I was concerned about a good friend who was getting high all the time. Also a display of just total disgust with the way things seem to be panning out in life. And so, I'll get even with life! I'll do something which will harm my mind and body. I'm not trying to be sarcastic about it. Unfortunately, I know this formula too well.

Friends, I am addressing this now, because right now, this very evening, I have an individual who is getting on my nerves in the way I've described. I have a nurse tonight who has strong misconceptions about people with disabilites. And her whole demeanor is offensive to me. And so, it's a good thing I've kind of given myself the title "A True Friend", because by giving myself this title, I can ask myself when facing a difficulty: what does A True Friend do? It's a very simple question to answer regarding tonight's difficulty. I must find the strength within myself to be friendly and pleasant. More challenging, I must find the goodness inside my heart to pray a sincere prayer for her. That God will bless her. That she will have an enjoyable night of work. That God may give her wisdom concerning any issues in her personal life. Most important to me when I pray for someone, that God will help her feel happier inside. And I thank the Lord for turning around our relationship. I ask Him to fill my heart with positive feelings about her. I ask Him to help me love her unconditionally, as only He can help me to do.

And so, by loving in the hard times, I prove to those who are hard for me to love, that I mean business with Jesus. If possible, it would be great if those who find it hard to love me, could also find a way to do it. I know I have a way of pushing people away. I am so afraid of getting rejected that I try to create this sense about myself that I am not in need of any love. In my mind it kind of takes care of me and you. We all need Jesus, and He must need us, or why would He have created us? Anyways, good night all.

♬  Cheri Keaggy: What Matters Most

No comments:

Post a Comment