Monday, March 10, 2014

Mission: Friendship

What is your definition of a Friend? There are so many ways to describe a friend. As I write this, it boggles my mind to think about how much friends mean... let's see, what comes to mind first for me? Someone whose character I feel confident about. Someone who knows the difference between right and wrong. If someone does not know right from wrong, how can friendship even exist? There would be no common ground; nothing to talk about.

So then, I think I have hit on something: the majority of people the world over, see friendship a relationship which involves conversation and/or honest communication.

I would like you to make a list of the things you look for in a friend. It does not have to be a long list. Let's say, 5 things. Make a list of 5 things you personally are looking for in a friend.

Let's see...
I'll make mine...
      1. Trustworthy
      2. Good company
      3. Truthful
      4. Considerate
      5. Understanding

After you have made your own list of 5 items that you seek in a friend, go back and ask yourself, could I be described by these words?

My word to you today is, be clear. Be clear as to what you want to see in your friends, and be clear about your goals for the way you handle yourself with other people. Might I quote Dr. Wayne Dyer's words, "You attract what you are". And more than anything in life, don't we all want to have more friends?

Meredeth Brooks: Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment