Saturday, November 16, 2013

Commitment: the basics

I reviewed a lot of the content I've been sharing here on Always Your Friend recently, and my reaction was, I'd better get cracking and present some solid material!

So I said I would be spending some time on the topic of commitment. Here is the outline I promised on the subject:

A. Why commitment?
     1. Commitment is the key to making a friendship come alive.

     2. Commitment assists in procuring longevity of friendship

     3. As commitment is realized to be part of a friendship, a safe place for love is created

B. How is commitment accomplished?

     1. Being willing to accept our friends, even if it means going outside of our own comfort level

     2. Being motivated: seeing the potential of commitment for creating a mutually healthier friendship

C. The result of commitment

     1. Recognition that our sacrifices indicate that we sincerely value another

     2. As we demonstrate commitment over time, friendship becomes easier and more natural


Orleans: Still the One

No comments:

Post a Comment