Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Coming soon from the Position of Friend

Hello Bloggers and Blog Readers!  I have something that I wish to write about which is going to be quite an ambitious undertaking for me. I want to do a series on the subject of "Commitment". Commitment, if you ask me, is the single most important component in a successful and rewarding friendship or relationship.  You could almost say that commitment can pinch hit for 'LOVE' as the feature that "covers a multitude of sins". But I don't want to start into my topic without first having a clear idea of all that I'm going to discuss. Commitment is a vast topic. Soon I hope to be providing you with an outline of the aspects of commitment that I will be going into. For now, I have here some dictionary definitions of the word "Commitment":

com·mit·ment /kəˈmitmənt/

noun: commitment;
plural noun: commitments

a) the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc. "the company's commitment to quality"
synonyms: dedication, devotion, allegiance, loyalty, faithfulness, fidelity "her commitment to her students"

b) a pledge or undertaking. "I cannot make such a commitment at the moment"
synonyms: vow, promise, pledge, oath; More

c) an engagement or obligation that restricts freedom of action. "business commitments"
synonyms: responsibility, obligation, duty, tie, liability;

Whitney Houston and Cece Winans: Count On Me


No comments:

Post a Comment