Saturday, February 7, 2015

How are you feeling tonight?

Tonight, I've been doing the social media thing, you might say. I simply mean, that I was just examining my Facebook page. I saw very lonely people. And I also saw that nobody wants to take a chance and let the world know how they are feeling, really.

The posts I saw were cold. And I have Facebook friends that I have been friends with on Facebook for over 3 years, since I started my Facebook account, and I'm still waiting to see them post anything that really tells us what is going on within their heart and soul. And this makes for a very cold world; when everyone is waiting for somebody to open their mouth and say something that makes the reader respond or react in a real way. I also see people here where I live every day who cannot bear to listen to my talk, or allow me to show them something I have created on my phone, without first going and standing at my doorway and looking to the left and to the right to make sure that investing their time with me is an "OK" thing to do.

So people are looking for a leader. And those who take the initiative to direct the crowd are oftentimes not reliable. They introduce people to beliefs and behaviors that are not likely to make them happy, and in my opinion as a Christian, are misguided.

So I'm here tonight. I'm here tonight because I couldn't let the night go by without letting you know that I understand, and I care. I would encourage you to be very very patient as you wait for your blessing. Do the things you know for sure you enjoy. And if sometimes you might be bored, you might want to start writing in a diary or a prayer journal. God hears. Your blessing might not be ready to come yet. In fact, it might not be what you think you are looking for. But when it comes, it will be a real blessing.

♬   Debbie Koenig: There is a Throne



No comments:

Post a Comment