Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Next Time I Fall (Peter Cetera, Amy Grant)




Hi! I used this video to express some sentiments from the Song of Solomon. I love where the bride (assumedly the bride of Christ, which Bible scholars say is His Church) says "Draw me and we will run together". In the late 1970s and early 1980s, during what has come to be known as "The Jesus Era", many young Christians prayed that God would give them 'a hunger and thirst' for Him and for the Scriptures. This "hunger and thirst" that people prayed for was based on a line from the Beatitudes: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied".

Then, I have taken this prayer for a hunger and thirst, and translated it to the wording of one who truly loves her King: "Draw me, and we will run together".



No comments:

Post a Comment