Friday, October 17, 2014

Making a friend is

Making a friend is an extremely happy time. You discover someone in this great big, confusing world, who is really nice to you and appreciates your being nice to them. And usually it is someone within your circle of activities, which makes it easy to look forward to seeing the person soon. I can think of someone specific who I was absolutely delighted to become friends with in High School. However, that friendship ended, and it ended in a deep disappointment. This young lady, and myself, also a very young lady at the time, mutually let each other down.

Many times, very wonderful friendships end in disappointment. And personally, I don't see myself as capable of being A True Friend. I do very nice things, and I try my best to live by the Good Book. But I have failed many people. I have failed people who deserved better from me. So the only friendship I am able to offer is that we might have this in common: I will look to Jesus to help me survive, and you should look to Jesus to help you survive.

And we while we are both standing and looking to Jesus, we can hold hands.

This is all I promise.

♬  The Faith Crew: Hey Now


No comments:

Post a Comment