Saturday, July 12, 2014

Being our own friend --anyone actually good at it?

I will answer this question as for myself. Surprisingly, though I have been very loyal to myself, there have been too many types of situations where I have not had the boldness to say and do what is in my own best interest. But we have a God who adores the humble. There is a verse which reads, "He raises up those who are bowed down". So in other words, when we do not have any strength left, He pities us, and takes over.

You see, realistically, on the ground level, we cannot love ourselves. But our shame is provided for. It is not just words, that Jesus Christ substituted for us at the Cross. He wiped away all uncleanness from us.

This is why I often say, "you have a criticism of me? Take it up with the man who gave His life for me, I no longer work in that department."

And so, yes, we struggle with self-esteem. It is something none of us has mastered. We all grope with questions about what we should do and say. What set of beliefs we should adhere to. What rule of thumb we should be applying to our lives. Me? I would recommend taking it to Jesus. But I will be fair and say, it works for me. You might have something you feel works better, and I'll respect that.

♬ Mr. Mister: Kirie



No comments:

Post a Comment