Thursday, January 29, 2015

Keeping expectations realistic

As some of you may have noticed, last night I changed my name. For a few weeks now, it has been bothering my conscience that I've been presenting myself as "A True Friend". Here's how I came to understand that I cannot call myself that.

Though my ongoing friendships have been healthy, I noted that my words and actions, at times were likely to have disappointed my friends. I felt awful when I recognized this, and knowing that I had, and continue to make blunders in the area of friendship, I did not feel secure in presenting myself as "A True Friend".

As far as I'm concerned, there is only One Person who we can say is a purely true friend, and that would be Jesus Christ. My opinion is that God is someone we can trust fully. We never have to be puzzled about why He does the things He does. We can be fully convinced that there is a good purpose and reason, and we can thank Him, whatever the circumstances, because we know that it is pure love that propels Him.

Now that I no longer have to try and live up to the name, A True Friend, the reduced stress has freed me to actually be a better friend, both with those around me, and with God. I am glad to be able to introduce myself to you now as Just A Friend.

♬   Cheryl Lynn: Got to be Real


No comments:

Post a Comment