Saturday, December 28, 2013

Some explaining

Well well well well well, my dear bloggers!!! I have some explaining to do. First of all, I feel dreadful about not following through on my commitment to write about commitment. As my boyfriend would say "What's up with that?"

And so, the time has come for me to really really be straight with you. Writing this blog has been harder for me since my mother died. The idea for the blog "In the Position of Friend" came out of a really happy night of sharing on my Facebook page. Prior to that evening, the name of this blog was "My Sad Situation", which made me really feel ashamed. Life is hard enough without going around showcasing my misery!

And so, "In the Position of Friend" and the second "In the Position of Friend" were, I felt, good blogspots. I was able to stick with the subject of friendship and provide insights regarding different scenarios that can occur with friends. Then, shortly after my mother died, I began, "Always Your Friend". To be honest, without my mother, I have no one in my personal life who takes an interest in it. My mother was an avid reader. In fact, her appetite for literature was even something the Rabbi spoke of at her funeral. So I would write my blogs "In the Position of Friend" early in the morning. Then, when it was time to contact my parents (something I did every morning on a daily basis), I texted her the link to my published piece, and she always had a marvelous grasp of what I was expressing.

Now that I'm left doing "Always Your Friend" all by myself, I get terribly terribly tired each time I complete one. I'm so sorry to have to tell you all this. But you deserve the truth. Well, I'm running out of battery in my phone. So with no further adieu, I'll send this out to u. We'll chew on this and make a decision later, whatever it may be. Luv y'all!

Paul Simon: Loves Me Like A Rock


No comments:

Post a Comment